The Sarawak Initiatives encourages the reproduction and distribution of our materials, electronic products and/or services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on these uses, and it’s important to know the following ground rules.
Our materials hosted at https://www.thesarawakinitiatives.org are free to use for personal or educational purposes. If you want screen shots to use in a text book, or you want to reproduce an article in your community newsletter, there’s no need to ask, provided you read and abide by our ground rules.
We expressly forbid the use of any The Sarawak Initiatives material appearing on this site, and/or The Sarawak Initiatives name and logo, for:
- personal or corporate gain except by express permission as noted below;
- political advertising or the suggestion of endorsement by The Sarawak Initiatives of any candidate for public office;
- any suggestion of The Sarawak Initiatives endorsement of a product or policy where such endorsement has not explicitly been made by The Sarawak Initiatives itself;
- any suggestion of The Sarawak Initiatives endorsement of, or connection with, websites that The Sarawak Initiatives, in its sole discretion, finds to be of an illegal or objectionable nature, which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, denigrating or containing sexually-oriented content or materials;
- any false representation of yourself as a The Sarawak Initiatives office, employee, agent or official spokesperson, or any false representation that you are raising funds or donations for The Sarawak Initiatives.
Linking to our website
We love it when you link to us and help spread the word about our campaigns. You don’t need permission. You are welcome to link to our main site or any of the issue areas you find there.
The Sarawak Initiatives logo
“The Sarawak Initiatives”, including the The Sarawak Initiatives logo, is our intellectual property. Use of our intellectual property is granted on the condition:
- that it shall be purely for referential and non-commercial purposes;
- you may not use the name and/or logo in any way that indicates or creates the impression that The Sarawak Initiatives endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with any products, services or goods available on your own website;
- banners bearing the name and/or logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the The Sarawak Initiatives website as designated within the link, and these links should always be active links;
- the name and/or logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any way including font, design, arrangement, colours or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance;
- the name and/or logo may not appear more prominently than your personal website name.
Articles and text produced by The Sarawak Initiatives are free for personal or educational use. Please do include a note saying: “Source: The Sarawak Initiatives (https://www.thesarawakinitiatives.org)”.
Articles, text, pictures, photographs, videos, from third-party sources remain the intellectual property and copyright of those third-party sources, and permission for use should be sought from these original sources.